Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Training this Week

Monday I swam 1,850 yards (or meters - I still haven't measured the pool) - either way over a mile - and felt great! Tuesday was a 22 mile bike ride from home to Balboa Park and back.

It's exciting to me and I get nods of disbelief from friends when I tell them that my average/minimum workouts consist of either a 20+ mile bike ride, a 5+ mile run, or a 1+ mile swim, and sometimes a combination of the above. I am definitely in the best shape of my life - now I just need to get back to some resistance training and all will be golden.

Tonight is our coached swim - I'm expecting the usual few hundred yards of warmup, some drills, a cooldown, and some relay games. Then it's off for Thai food for a late dinner to ensure that nobody loses any weight (haha)!

No comments: