Monday, September 1, 2008

Week 15 Recap

Happy Labor Day!

Thursday I took the day off - logistics just didn't pan out for going for a ride. It was tough though - my body has gotten used to constant exercise and when I take a day off I'm really not that fun to be around. Guess I'll just have to train 7 days a week (not!).

On Friday Ryan and I headed up to the club and I swam 1600 meters (over 1700 yards) - I would have gone for 2,000 meters but we ran out of time.

Saturday was the coached open-water swim at Santa Monica. We got in at lifeguard station 28 then swam out, over, and back in at station 29, ran back to 28, and repeated the swim. A light current pushed against us but we managed to complete 3 swims.

I then went for a run (see image below) up the running path, 3 miles each way with 5 1-minute sprints along the way: no stopping or walking the entire 6 miles! A personal best for me. I also maintained the pace of a 10-minute mile for the whole hour (so well that when I returned back to my starting location I was only 8 seconds over the entire hour). One very nice part of the run was passing 3 other LA Tri Club members (they were wearing LTC apparel, as was I). As we each passed each other, we waved and shouted "Go LA!" What great camaraderie!



Sunday (yesterday) my wife and I went for a 45-minute walk up the hills near our house - I was just hurting too bad from the exertions on Saturday. That was my day-off.

Today I'm hoping to get in a 30-mile bike ride, with hills, but we'll have to see as it is a family day.

No comments: