Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Run - Run - Run - Walk - Dang!

Went for a run at Balboa Park today with high expectations of completing 7 miles without stopping and with 5-8 sprints thrown in. At mile 2.5 I started walking. Ran a bit, then walked, and that's how it went all the way back to the car at mile 5.

What happened? I think I'm just plain tired out. I worked-out a decent amount over the weekend. Even though I took Sunday off, I still walked with my wife up some hills for 45 minutes. Yesterday was the monster bike ride. Saturday was the 6 mile run. Coupled with the fact that we started after 10am and it was pretty hot, I just didn't have it in me.

Also, yesterday you may remember that my right knee was hurting. Today it started up again at about mile 1.5. I think it's time to rest my lower body for a few days - which works out because, as a triathlete (grin) I can go swimming instead!

No comments: