Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Recap

What a weekend!

Saturday we did a "brick" at Griffith Park: 9 mile loop, including a monster hill, then a 15-minute run. Nothing to it.

Sunday we did an 800m swim at Zuma (same as the race should be this Sunday) then a 12 mile bike (short of the 18 on race day). Everyone packed-up to go eat something, but I stayed and ran 5 miles (end-to-end of Zuma) - no stopping and with 6 sprint intervals! The new shoes were a smart move as today I'm really not hurting too much.

Of course once everything was done and I was ready to go, the car wouldn't start! So as I waited for AAA to give me a jump, I practiced bike mounting and dismounting. I'm still not comfortable with the flying cowboy but I picked up a little speed with the skateboard mount.

Today is a rest day - if by "rest" one means cleaning and lubing their bike, which was called for on our schedule. 30 minutes and it was done.

This week is a "taper" week - light exercising, no workouts that really tear your body up, so that we're ready for the race on Sunday. Tomorrow will be a 5-mile run, Wednesday a coached swim, then a rest on Thursday, a very light all-around workout on Friday, and then it's race weekend!

I just planned out the next three months. I'll be competing in the "Day at the Beach" triathlon on 10/12 at Hermosa Beach, in the Muddy Buddy race on 11/4 in San Dimas, and if we don't have anything else going on, the Turkey Tri, also in San Dimas, on 11/30.

No comments: