Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Shmuesday

Dragged the kids to the pool yesterday. Actually, drag isn't the word. They were really excited to go to the pool. Why? What would make kids excited to go to the pool and watch their old man swim? Well, I promised them each a sundae if they swam 15 full laps (30 lengths). That's about 750 meters. And you know what? They did it. Ryan of course chimed in with "That was tough, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake! I'm going to do that every day so I can earn a sundae" to which I responded "Great! Just so you know, since you completed the 15, you'll have to do 20 next time!" He groaned, but I could tell he was going to go for it.

Today he wasn't feeling well and refused to pedal along behind me while I ran so I ended-up on the treadmill. I really hate the treadmill. Next to being on an airplane without a book it's just about the most boring thing in the world. But I did it, however I gimped out and didn't do the full workout because, well, on a treadmill you don't have to. You just push that little button for a few seconds and the whole world slows down. And if you know me, you know I have the willpower of a 3-year old. I made up for it a bit with 5 minutes on the rowing machine, which hopefully will help my back a bit.

Castaic Tri is in 3 1/2 days!

No comments: