Saturday, July 5, 2008

Try a Tri

On July 19th there's a mini-tri (short sprint) up at Castaic Lake in Valencia put on by one of the local high schools. Looks like my brother-in-law is interested and possibly someone from the TnT team. It would be great practice on a small course so I'm leaning heavily to trying it out.

Today at practice we ran for 50 minutes. I had the opportunity to run alongside one of the coaches (Scot) who very patiently and nicely answered all of my n00bie questions ranging from "how do you clean your feet once you are out of the water" to "what do you do after the race?" to "how do I setup my transition area?" I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing in two weeks. I've got the ability, the equipment and the motivation, so I guess all that's left is just to go do it, right?

No comments: