Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tough Morning

Last night was our swim practice. Simple really: swim 50 lengths (25 yards each). About 3/4 mile total. 50 minutes. Tiiiiiiiiiiired! Then we played Sharks and Minnows...

This morning, given that the kids were either at camp or sleeping over elsewhere, I had the house to myself. Went for the 15 mile, constant movement, 90rpm bike ride at Balboa Park, which proved to be difficult for the last 5 miles but I did it. Much fewer idiots out on the bike path during the week - have to remember that.

Not to be outdone, I hopped off and stowed the bike in the car and then went on a 20 minute run to turn this morning's training into a brick! The run went surprisingly well - no wobbly legs!

Going by the plan, tomorrow is another swim, Saturday a run, and Sunday a bike. Instead, I'll probably swim tomorrow, take Saturday off (or use it for stretching) and on Sunday we (most of the team) are going to Zuma to practice ocean swimming and then ride the Malibu Tri bike route (another brick!). Monday better be a day off because I'm going to need it.

No comments: