Monday, July 21, 2008

Auction Success

Our "Wine Tasting and Silent Auction Fundraiser" was a great success - we made over $2,000 in sales of auction items and another $1,000 in ticket sales. We have a few more things to collect and sell which may bring in another $500-$700, we'll know by the end of this week. The party was fun and easy-going, everyone seemed to have a good time, and we've raised a good deal of money for a great cause!

This morning I went for a 45 minute swim up at the club. Took my daughter Haley with me and she was grumpy from the start as I had to wake her up to get going. Once we got there she became the favorite target of a bee or two and was constantly in motion, moving from chair to chair once they found her again. She finally settled down at the deep end side of the pool and they left her alone. Needless to say I didn't get much uninterrupted swimming in as I was watching and suggesting things between laps, but it was good to get in the water.

And the best news of all: I finally found some goggles that don't leak and are reasonably comfortable: Speedo Vanquisher Plus's. Got 'em over at Sports Chalet which has a huge selection of goggles at reasonable prices - I wish I had gone there first instead of the three other places I've tried.

No comments: