Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tough Transition

This is my "rehab month" training-wise: my foot, knees, IT band, back and left arm have issues so I'm just doing PT exercises, rowing, swimming and giving myself a break. While I'm not really working out, I'm spending the "extra" time I normally would be spending training by trying to figure out how to train for next season.

There is no shortage of advice or resources out there, that is for sure! When I was training with Tnt, it was very easy: just follow the instructions, show-up twice a week, and all was good. On my own though, with goals exceeding just completing a race, it's difficult.

I've found sites that track workouts, give you workouts, charge you for workouts, evaluate you, and even one that tailors a season-long training program based on all of the races you are going to be in (unfortunately I lost the link to that one and am still trying to re-find it). There are plenty of sites and coaches available, from $200 to $700 a month for training, but that's a bit pricey considering I'm not quite in "podium range" yet.

So, how do *you* train effectively? Do you do it on the cheap or pay for it (directly or through raising money)? Any tips?

No comments: