Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Swimming is Getting Fun

So for my first official "rehab" workout of the month (i.e. no running or strenuous work - my body is feeling pretty broken in spots) I went to the gym and did the usual PT stretching and strengthening exercises followed by a round of "Triathlon Training Series" "Adaptation-A" exercises. All good. Given that I can't workout tomorrow, I hit the pool for a little over 20 minutes and that is where things got interesting.

Last week I was able to get my SPL (strokes per length) count down to 17 bare-handed, 19 with fist gloves. Today, after only 10 minutes, I got the fist glove count down to 17 and my bare-handed count down to 15! 15 strokes to swim 25 yards! And I did it in 25 seconds - which is 5 seconds faster than usual, and it felt *very* slow (but in reality was not), and I wasn't huffing and puffing at the end.

Total Immersion swimming rocks!

No comments: