Friday, November 14, 2008

Swimming Update

I've hit the pool three times this week as swimming is my "limiter" and in the off-season it's good to concentrate on your limiter (so as to unlimit yourself, I guess). So I'm swimming and doing strength training (to get all those little, atrophied muscles that aren't used in swimming, biking and running back up to spec).

Today I swam for an hour, painstakingly (boringly) working on technique and trying to maintain a constant, low stroke count over varying distances. I was able to keep the count between 14 and 17 SPL at up to 100 yards. Not too bad! The exciting part, if you just missed it, was that I actually swam a 14 stroke length (multiple times in fact)! The other nice thing about using the Total Immersion technique is that after 100 yards I'm only a bit tired/winded, and actually much less than I previously was after only 25 yards.

No comments: