Friday, October 3, 2008

Thursday Workout and LA Tri Club

Given that my foot is still painful (heading to the doc this morning, it's been almost 3 weeks now) and that I swam and ran on Wednesday, I hit the gym yesterday for a stretching and strength workout.

It went really well - spent about 45 minutes doing stretching and core and back strengthening exercises, did a full leg circuit on the machines, then hit the free-weights for some upper body, presses, rows and deadlifts. Great workout - and I slept very well last night!

This morning, however, every muscle in my body hurts. The ones I forgot (leg abduction and adduction) I'm going to exercise in a few minutes so I'll be in complete pain!

Last night I went to the LA Tri Club First Thursday mixer in Santa Monica. It was a fun time! I met a few people including a coach (Jamie) who gave me a few tips and I may just email him with some questions and maybe get a coaching session here and there. I had raffle ticket #690 and just my luck they ended-up calling 698, 697, 695, 694, 693, 692 and 691, over the course of 10 minutes, but never made it to 690. Bummer - there was a great set of aerobars donated that I would have loved.

Anyway, let's see what the doc says - hopefully it's just a bruise or something and I just need to take it easy - if he puts me in a cast for a month then my season is pretty much over. Crossing my fingers!

No comments: