Monday, October 20, 2008

Corner Bakery - Highly Recommended

I order food from the Corner Bakery restaurant in Calabasas, CA a couple of times a week.

Today I walked over to pick-up my usual order (a chopped salad and a green tea) and realized, at the counter, that I had left my wallet in my desk. I explained the situation to George, who apparently knows me by name now, and told him I'd go get it and come back. He graciously told me that as I'm a regular, not to worry about it.

This is remarkable in a number of ways. First, the guy knows me by name and sight. This is a busy restaurant, a chain restaurant, and to be "known" just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Second, to comp me a lunch, easily, at a chain restaurant, just feels...well...good! I urge you to try out Corner Bakery if you haven't already! (just remember to bring your wallet)

No comments: