Monday, June 2, 2008

Training Day

I figured I'd try to push things a little, so I rode the bike to the pool (2.6 miles one way), swam 30+ minutes, then rode back.

Positives: good workout, my legs are burning, my upper body is worn out, bike was great (butt still hurts from the hard seat though - gotta get used to that)

Negatives: legs are still burning, backside is still hurting, can't ride up steep hills.

Knowing the hills would be a problem, I packed a pair of running shoes in my backpack and when I got to the hills at the pool and on the way back to the house I just switched shoes and walked up.

Total time was 1.5 hours which I've got to work on getting down, likely via using Tri shorts (no changing time) and getting better so I don't have to walk up the hills. Top speed: 28mph.

No comments: