Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Mock Tri

Saturday, my neighbor Craig and I went to Balboa Park and rode around for about 16 miles. Not to be outdone, Craig suggested we go for a run afterward but I couldn't due to time constraints. However, out of that conversation was born the "First Annual Father's Day Triathlon."

Sunday: 7am Craig and I are in my driveway packing up the car. We head over to Braemar Country Club (I play tennis there) and unload our bikes, chain them up by the pool and start to spread our things out over multiple cubbies in the locker room. At 8:13 we start our 25 minute swim ending up with me at over 1/2 mile and Craig at over 1/4 mile then go change into bike clothes. We head out and take a very long route to Balboa Park and then through Tarzana, 18.22 miles in all before making it back to the club. Changing once again, we head out for our 4 mile run (which was actually half-run, half-walk at this point) and complete that. 3.5 hours from start to finish (transitions took about an hour total), we were done. WE DID IT!

Now we've got to start working on time...

No comments: