Monday, December 8, 2008

Pre-Season Halfway Point

It's back to pre-season pre-training starting today. I took the last week off to let my body get itself back together and let me tell you, it felt good to be pain-free! I did miss the endorphins though.

Today was my first day back and I continued the "anatomical adaptation" phase of my strength training with the "B" program (based on the program put out by TTS). I'm getting used to the gym again and my legs are definitely getting better.

Over the next 4 weeks or so I'll go through the program, then take a break, and head into a real strength building phase in January, which will correspond with the beginning of actual tri-training for the Wildflower Olympic tri in May and possibly the Solvang Century in March (I'm now debating doing this as it has become apparent that it will throw a significant wrench into my tri-training plans).

No comments: